Discover more from Kaloh’s Newsletter
🧐 In case you missed it...
10 things worth sharing from last week...
I hope you had a fantastic weekend, and welcome the 102 new readers that subscribed over the past week!
Here are 10 things I thought were worth sharing from last week…
1. [Kaloh’s Newsletter] I curated my first (Deca) Gallery with pieces from my collection that remind me of old times (including Casey Reas, ElTono, Lisa Orth, and more) 👉 SEE IT HERE
2. [Blind Gallery]collections have been minted and revealed! 👉 BlIND GALLERY COLLECTIONS
3. [Important News] OpenSea made a critical announcement: creators’ royalties will be optional now.
As the marketplace competition gets more challenging, OpenSea has been losing a big chunk of market share to Blur, which introduced benefits in the form of the $Blur token for traders that use their platform. The catch? Traders don’t need to honor royalties; therefore, purchases are cheaper. Blur is also faster, and its UI is optimized for traders.
Snowfro (ArtBlocks founder) had a deep thread, pondering about the ecosystem's future, reputation and understanding where you stand.
Kaloh’s Newsletter is a reader-supported publication. To receive new posts and support my work, consider becoming a free or paid subscriber.
4. [Important News] Objkt.com announced two updates to their platform 1) Objkt One (a place for curated 1/1s), 2) Open Editions contract.
The royalties demise on ETH makes Tezos even more appealing to artists and art collectors, as all the marketplaces are on the same page regarding honoring royalties.
5. [Hot Collection] Life In West America by Roope Rainisto via Brain Drops
This AI collection is one of the first to really hit me. It is incredibly coherent; you can construct a story around it, and there are subtle details that expose its AI nature.
It has been released via Brain Drops - I will share more about it this week.
Floor: 8.75 ETH
Secondary Volume (on Opensea): 1295 ETH
6. [Upcoming Drop] Bright Moments will highlight a fantastic AI artist lineup in their upcoming Tokyo collection. The mint passes for the AI Collection will be minted in March (exact date TBD).
7. [Hot Collection] The Shape Shift Series by ThePaperCrane via Manifold
Open Edition, 714 minted for 0.038 ETH
Floor: 0.095 ETH.
Total Volume: 3 ETH.
This is an open edition that will have up to 4 phases. You can burn the Phase one token to redeem tokens from future editions. Read the tweet below for all the info…
8. [Hot Collection] seekers by ECKER_O_ via fxhash
Floor: 185 Tezos.
Total Volume: 18.3 Tezos.
Seekers is inspired by the view that is held by mathematical realism, that mathematical entities objectively exist independently of the human mind. Therefore, mathematical entities are not constructed by humans, but rather, are discovered by humans. This means, that also other intelligent beings would be able to discover the same entities.
9. [Interesting read] Why everyone is talking about Refik Anadol’s AI-generated ‘living paintings’ by Deborah Vankin in Los Angeles Times 👉 READ HERE
10. [Kaloh’s news] I’ve been working on a personal project since last year, and I’ll be moving soon to a new place!
I’m building my own studio optimized for writing, creating, and building a few ideas I hope to share soon. Many walls to display gen art, too 😀
If you liked my writing, feel free to click the ❤️ button on this post so more people can discover it on Substack 🙏
Until next time,
PD: I will make a special airdrop for all premium subscribers soon (it’s a collab!).
If you were thinking about getting a premium membership, unlocking my full archive, and joining my Discord, this might be the right time 😉