👀 In case you missed it...
10 things worth sharing about generative and AI art
Welcome to the 126 new members who have joined us since last Monday! If you haven’t subscribed, join 7,899 art fans by subscribing here:
Happy Monday, everyone!
I’ll be taking my first actual holiday in 2 years, from the 6th till the 9th of April… I’ll have limited connectivity during those days.
Then, I’ll head to NYC for a bunch of exciting events (keep reading for more info) and follow me on Twitter and Instagram for live updates.
Today the 10 things worth sharing are packed with news, events, exhibitions, collections, stats, and more.
Let’s get started…
1. Last Saturday, I shared 6 Thrilling New Players in the Generative Art Landscape, including marketplaces, galleries, and collectives that have emerged over the past 5 months. This issue is for Premium members.
2. Last week, Premium members received allowlist spots in the AI collection BEASTS by Ira Greenberg, released via EmProps.ai.
This week, 100 allowlist spots are available to premium members for “Retrospect” by Kelly Milligan, released via Code Canvas. If you are a Premium Member, reply to this email with your Solana wallet before April 5th, 2 pm CET.
The first 100 will get access to this allowlist.
Allowlist presale starts April 6th, 15:00 UTC
Public sale starts April 6th, 17:00 UTC
3. Tezos NFT Summit 2023 will take place from the 12 to 13 of April in New York, and it will have competitions, panels, workshops, and more 👉 REGISTER HERE.
I’ll review artists’ portfolios during the event 👉 FIND OUT MORE.
I’ll be part of the "The Art of Disruption: How Blockchain and NFTs are Changing the Art Market" panel on April 13.
4. Feral File presents FeralVerse, an exhibition that explores the myriad ways in which words and image intertwine, curated by theVERSEverse.
Artist lineup: Victoria Chang x Alexandra Crouwers, Lillian Yvonne Bertram x Dina Chang, P. Scott Cunningham x Connie Bakshi, John James x Soliman Lopez, Seth Bockley x Helena Sarin, Denise Duhamel x Diane Drubay, Ana Maria Caballero x Nancy Baker-Cahill, Kalen Iwamoto x Julien Silvano, Sasha Stiles x Nathaniel Stern, Marci Calabretta Cancio-Bello x Gretta Louw
5. PROOF announced their first exhibition in the new curatorial program “PROOF Curated: Evolving Pixels”, co-presented with Venus Over Manhattan and curated by Emily Xie.
Artist lineup: @larswander @NeuralBricolage @sashastiles @fingacode @_juanrg92 @entangledothers ( @soficrespo91 + @entangledlight) @deanblacc @ivonatau @xin_liu_studio + Nan Zhao @Cory_Haber.
6. Over 450 pieces were minted Herbert W. Franke - Voice Gems Astropoeticon (Destination in Uncertainty) 👉 LEARN MORE
7. Zancan, Tyler Hobbs, Sofia Garcia, and Sebastian Sanchez will join a panel moderated by Anika Meier about “The future of art in the digital/physical convergence”, on April 13 in NY 👉 REGISTER HERE.
The event was organized by artmatr and NFT collective.
8. Tezos Mumbai is here! I’ve seen many wondering what are the benefits… Here is a very short summary:
Tezos is faster (15 seconds to index a block, instead of 30 seconds).
Developers can now use popular languages like Python, Rust, Go, and more..
An article about Tezos technology has been on my to-do list for a while, I’ll try to get it ready over the next few weeks.
9. Art Blocks released their own marketplace to battle 3 main problems: authenticity, scams, and royalties 👉 READ MORE.
10. Bitcoin Ordinals had its best day (in terms of inscriptions), with over 30k inscribed Ordinals in a single day. The surge was caused by the new BRC-20 token, released by Twitter user @demodata.
This is an experimental token; remember to proceed with caution and read the developer notes below — “These will be worthless”.
Until next time,
If you found this weekly digest useful, feel free to click the ❤️ button on this post so more people can discover it on Substack 🙏
PD: If you are visiting NYC during NFT NYC, feel free to reach out, it’s always great to catch up with readers in real life!
Consider subscribing to Kaloh’s Newsletter to receive my articles for free in your inbox. For the full experience, become a premium subscriber.
What you’ll get:
Receive premium and public posts, and access the full archive.
Access to my private Discord server with over 300 digital art enthusiasts.
Participate in monthly giveaways.