👀 In case you missed it...
10 things worth sharing about generative and AI art
Welcome to the 139 new members who have joined us since last Monday! If you haven’t subscribed, join 7,805 art fans by subscribing here:
Happy Monday, friends!
Here are 10 things worth sharing about generative and AI art:
1. Last week, I wrote about the hottest tool in town, ChatGPT. We shouldn’t be surprised now that its impact also reaches generative art. Read Using ChatGPT To Create... Generative Art?
2. A few weeks ago, I shared kaloh.space, a generative art aggregator with markets, content, and events. It lets me traverse the data across different marketplaces, galleries, and events faster and more precisely.
It is currently in private Beta but will soon be publicly available. Sign up for my newsletter if you haven’t to get notified when it is ready 👇
3. [Hot Collection] Schwere See by Flockaroo via fxhash
After over a year since his latest release on fxhash, flockaroo returns with a bang. Schwere See amazed over 35k Tezos in total volume, and the floor is 120 Tezos after a dutch auction that rested at 70 Tezos.
4. [Hot Collection] All Fold: Sketch by Eric Davidson on fxhash
Software engineer and writer Eric Davidson released All Fold: Sketch to great reception over the past week. Although the floor stayed below 10 Tezos, this is the collection with the most pieces sold over that period (150).
Eric released Thoughts of Meadow and Masonry on Art Blocks.
5. [New Collection] Cargo by Kim Asendorf on Art Blocks Curated, March 29.
Kim continues his path in the Ethereum blockchain after being announced as a headliner artist for the Bright Moments Tokyo collection (minting in May). His Tezos collections have been trending upwards, and his overall floor sits at 330 Tezos (+18% over the past month).
Cargo incorporates brighter and electric palettes into his trademark pixel sorting algorithms. There will be 1,000 pieces sold by a Dutch Auction starting at 3 Eth and resting at 0.1 Eth.
6. [New Collection] REWORLD by Roope Rainisto via Fellowship, April 6.
Post Photographic Perspectives is Fellowship's inaugural group show celebrating a new wave of innovation in photography.
Roope Rainisto is headlining Day 1 of the collection, launching REWORLD, his latest series (500 works). Rainisto switches roles to the curator for Day 2 and showcases 10 of the finest artists from this exciting new genre of photographic images, each launching collections of 100 artworks.
Dutch Auction: starting at 10 ETH and resting at 2 ETH.
7. [New Collection] BEASTS by Ira Greenberg via Emergent Properties, March 29.
1000 editions, 48 Tezos.
Official Website: EmProps.ai
8. [New Collection] Cantera by Jacek Markusiewicz via Bright Moments, March 30.
Inspired by the question "How far can we go in human intervention in the natural landscape & still call it a natural landscape?"
Live minting at Bright Moments Berlin.
9. Yesterday, TEIA (the community spin-off hicetnunc) announced they are officially incorporated and will continue to operate as a DAO.
After nearly a year of work, Teia DAO is now finally a registered non-profit DAO LLC, making it the first non-profit, community-owned marketplace on Tezos. This means that Teia can now act as a legal entity, generate income, and pay for services and servers while ownership is put into a legal framework.
There are some steps before full community ownership 👉 Read all the details in their newsletter here.
10. Last week, Feral File released 12 by painter Lee Mullican. These digital paintings date back to the ’80s.
Read the full story by Andrew Hayward on decrypt.co here.
Until next time,
If you enjoyed this issue, consider subscribing to Kaloh’s Newsletter to receive my articles for free in your inbox. For the full experience, become a premium subscriber.
What you’ll get:
Receive premium and public posts, and access the full archive.
Access to my private Discord server with over 300 NFT enthusiasts.
Participate in monthly giveaways.